The Smokehouse Hotel | 14 Best Stay in Cameron Highlands
Get Information for The Smokehouse Hotel - Best Stay in Cameron Highlands. The English Tudor style Hotel built in 1939 provides you with the ultimate in colonial ambiance from various resources
The Smokehouse Hotel | 14 Best Stay in Cameron Highlands from Official
About The Smokehouse Hotel & Restaurant, By The Golf Course Cameron Highlands
Sixty kilometres of loops, switchbacks and steady climbing takes you to this delightful resort. Here you will find the most famous building in Cameron Highlands. Standing alongside the golf course is The
Smokehouse Hotel and Restaurant. This English Tudor style Hotel built in 1939 provides you with the ultimate in colonial ambiance. A 3 hour drive from KL, Cameron Highlands is quite literally at the frontier between the man made world and the wild where one can venture out and taste the latter, returning safely each day to the comfort of the former, The Smokehouse Lounge. Enjoy the wonderful traditional English breakfast, tea in the lush gardens with scones, cream and strawberry jam, and dine in probably the finest restaurant in the Highlands.
Take pleasure in a drink by the fireplace and relax before retiring to one of the well-appointed suites. The experience of The Smokehouse is something to be treasured.
Rooms at The Smokehouse Hotel & Restaurant Cameron Highlands
Room / Suites :
- From RM400+ to RM680+
- Note : + sign is 10% Service Charge
- All rates are inclusive of full traditional English Breakfast.
Transportation can be arranged to and from major airports throughout Peninsular Malaysia.
Customers reviews on The Smokehouse Hotel Best Stay in Cameron Highlands
What people say about The Smokehouse Hotel Best Stay in Cameron Highlands?
The Smokehouse Hotel in Cameron Highlands
Built in 1939, The Smokehouse Hotel is one of the oldest commercial buildings in Cameron Highlands. The Tudor-style building was once a place for British colonial officers to find room and board in cool climate, and reminisce about home. Owner Alex Lee shows The Malaysian Insight just how much the hotel he had inherited from his late father, Peter Lee, is a part of his family’s legacy.
Smokehouse Hotel Cameron Highlands Had the Best Garden
When I posted my check in at Smokehouse Hotel on Facebook, I was amazed to learned that three of my friends (a Spaniard, a Brit, and a German) had also stayed there during the past 30 years. All three loved it and had wonderful memories of their time there ... just like I do now. Built in the 1930s in traditional British country home style, Smokehouse has the #1 best gardens of any hotel in all of Cameron Highlands. In fact, during my stay countless people came to enjoy afternoon tea simply to sit in the pretty gardens and go crazy on Instagram.
For tons of PICS and full review visit my blog: http://luxurybucketlist.com/destinati...
Why You'll Love Smokehouse Hotel
- The Rooms! I was on the 1st floor in Squire and my suite was wildly large, homey, and with a view of green foothills that touched bright blue skies. Over the years it has been featured in Elle, Vogue, and countless other magazines around the world. There's a new building at Smokehouse so take my advice and ONLY book into the main house, that's where the true charm of the property lies.
- The Garden! Honestly, I've never spent so much time outdoors like I did at Smokehouse Hotel. The gardens are the prettiest I've seen in ages and completely reminiscent of something out of Alice in Wonderland! I dined outside for lunch twice and enjoyed afternoon tea there as well, always in a different spot.
- High Tea! Afternoon tea at Smokehouse is a simple affair, comprised of a truly lovely setting with a pot of tea + homemade, fresh scones with jams and whipped cream. It's definitely a must!
- The Bar! Sipping wine with a raging fire at your feet is just the ticket when it cools down across the hills of the Cameron Highlands. The bartender is a lovely chap who can whip up mean cocktails and tell a good story to boot!
- The Night Market is Near! Definitely plan your stay over a weekend because the Cameron Highlands Night Market is just a short walk from the hotel. I had such good fun eating, shopping, and exploring there, do check out my Pasar Malam video https://youtu.be/SwGgy917KCo
Final Thoughts: I slept like a baby at Smokehouse! My biggest complaints were not having a safe in the room, which was something I never expected (honestly, if anything ever happened to my external hard drive I'd be in trouble so I ended up carrying it around with me everywhere).
Second, generally speaking I wasn't a fan of the food. They take English dishes and put a twist on them instead of making them from the highest quality ingredients in a traditional manner. For example, the beef Wellington was prepared with a rolled up steak instead of a single cut of tenderloin. Although with that said, I think if you haven't spent time in the UK you won't know the difference, and I could see it was quite a popular spot.
A few of my other Cameron Highlands videos:
- What to see on the drive up to Cameron Highlands https://youtu.be/62OubzAczdM
- Cameron Highlands night market https://youtu.be/SwGgy917KCo
- Cameron Highlands Resort http://luxurybucketlist.com/destinati...
XOXO ~ Angela
Contact The Smokehouse Hotel Best Stay in Cameron Highlands
The Smokehouse Hotel & Restaurant By The Golf Course Cameron Highlands, By the Golf Course, Tanah Rata, 39000 Tanah Rata, Pahang
Apply latest promotion for personal loan. Financing with local banks and cooperatives with competitive rates. Act now and we will keep in touch with you as soon as possible. Moratorium loan during Covid-19 Pandemic Outbreak. I-Lestari and Bantuan Prihatin Malaysia.